Why Lipotropic Injections?
PSS offers Lipo-C injections as an additional tool for our weight loss patients. Lipotropics are substances that help the body metabolize, or break down fat. These injections typically contain a mixture of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids believed to support and promote the breakdown of fat in the liver.
What are Lipotropic Injections?
Each of these components is important because they each have a crucial role in utilizing fat as fat burners, distributing energy, and removing toxins from the body. The overall effect of lipotropic injections is enhanced energy, and weight loss, particularly when combined with a healthy diet and exercise program.
- Choline – An essential nutrient needed for proper liver function; exports fat and bile from the liver; responsible for seeing that exported fat burned for energy/fuel; detoxifies the liver; key player in fat metabolism.
- Inositol – A lipotropic; related to the vitamin B family; involved in the breakdown of fats; involved in various biological processes that can provide favorable psychiatric conditions; can be used to treat PCOS and other female dysfunctions effectively.
- Methionine – An essential amino acid; a deactivating agent to many hormones such as estrogen and sulfur-containing compounds; defends the body against toxic compounds.
- Vitamin B12 – Serves many biological purposes including normal blood, brain, heart, and nervous system functions; most importantly, it’s essential for fat metabolism.
- B Complex Vitamins – Helps you feel more energetic and promotes fat metabolism. When these compounds are put together in a solution and injected into the bloodstream, they enter the body without any possibility of facing dilution or being inefficiently absorbed by the gut.